More Common Exporting Mistakes
- Assuming a given market technique and product will automatically be successful in all countries.
- Unwillingness to modify products to meet regulations or cultural preferences of other countries.
- Failure to print service, sales and warranty messages in foreign languages.
- Failure to consider use of export management companies when the firm cannot
afford its own export department or has tried one unsuccessfully.
- Failure to consider licensing or joint venture agreements
when import restrictions, insufficient resources or a limited product line cause companies to dismiss international marketing as unfeasible.
- Failure to provide readily available servicing for your products.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon