Export Management Companies
- An Export Management Company (EMC), functions as an external export sales department.
- They represent your product along with various other non-competitive manufacturers.
- An EMC typically provides the following services:
- Performs market research and develops a marketing strategy
- Uses existing foreign sales agents to put your product into the foreign market
- Functions as an overseas distribution channel or wholesaler
- Takes title to the goods and operates on a commission basis
- This depends on the arrangement between the EMC and the manufacturer
- An EMC must balance the product lines it represents.
- Product diversification protects an EMC against radical changes in foreign market.
- It also maximizes their economies of scale.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon