Who Drives Who
- Key to determining the success of the relationship with your international
reseller is figuring out who is driving who into this agreement.
- Establishing this relationship is like a courtship.
- Questions to ask a potential distributor regarding your relationship with them include:
- What other companies do they represent?
- How is the business relationship with their existing suppliers?
- Will you become their primary supplier?
- What percentage of their total business will your products represent?
- Will they commit a proportional amount of their resources to selling your products?
- Finally, some questions you need to ask yourself.
- Are they really committed to this partnernship?
- Are they betting the company on your products?
- In other words, does their success depend on their ability to sell your products?
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon