- If you are going to quote shiping terms other than EXW - EX WORKS you need to calculate the cost of freight.
- Before you can calculate the cost of freight you need to know the exact weight and dimensions of your shipment.
- International shipments require you to consider additional factors in packing your product.
- Exposure to moisture and temperature extremes
- Ease of handling
- Weight of a pallet
- Most international shipments are put on pallets.
- Your freight forwarder can help you find a good international packing specialist.
- Excessive packing is excessive weight and that will cost you money.
- Not enough packing increases the risk of breakage and theft.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon