- Freight forwarders act on behalf of exporters in arranging transportation services.
- Freight forwarders are responsible for obtaining and using accurate export license information.
- They are familiar with the import rules and regulations of foreign countries, methods of shipping, etc.
- Freight forwarders can provide services for expediting shipment to overseas destinations such as:
- Booking space with the carrier.
- Completing export and import documentation.
- Consular invoices.
- Arranging for cargo insurance.
- Supervising loading and unloading of the shipment.
- Arranging for inland freight and warehousing.
- Advising on foreign import regulations.
- Providing guidance on packaging, marking, and labeling.
- Arranging for products to be packed and put into containers.
- Export clearance.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon