- An evergreen contract is one that in principle must be agreed regularly, but is always continued automatically.
- A rolling contract is one that continues until an agreed period of notice rather than until a particular date.
- Many countries have laws that limit your ability to end an agreement with a sales representative
- This prevents an unscrupulous manufacturer from taking away a market developed by a local sales representative or distributor.
- Consult with a good international trade lawyer because laws governing agreements with a sales representative
or a distributor differ dramatically from country to country.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon