- Bribery in international transactions is a barrier to trade and leads to unfair competition for honest companies.
- Such payments can be very large.
- This adds to the costs of contracts and rewards corrupt and often inefficient companies.
- Bribery can also land you in a foreign jail.
- Your company should already have a written anti-bribery policy in effect.
- If your company does not have such a policy, write it into the contract.
- State in the contract that bribes are not to happen and should they occur it voids the contract.
- Request from your partners a notarized annual certificate that no bribes were made.
© 2004 - 2009 John Michael Pierobon