- Every negotiation has one of four possible outcomes.
- Successful negotiators enter each negotiation with a win-win attitude and purpose.
- The are interested in achieveing a win-win solution.
- This is the best for both parties in the long run.
- It is very unlikely that the parties will undertake future negotiations with each other if one of the parties loses.
- The losing party will feel cheated and deceived.
- The losing party will feel they did not get a good deal because the other party gained more than their perceived fair share.
- Successful negotiators always take a positive view of negotiating.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon