- A company may sell directly to a foreign retailer.
- These transactions often involve consumer products.
- Effective in countries that have large retail chains.
- Sales to foreign retailers can be achieved through:
- Traveling sales representatives contact foreign retailers.
- Direct mailing of catalogs, brochures, or other literature.
- Which has the advantages of:
- Eliminating commissions
- Reducing travel expenses
- Reaching a broader audience
- But should be supported with other marketing activities.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon