- Companies with successful domestic operations may opt for franchising.
- Franchising is popular with restaurants and retailers.
- Franchise agreements give the franchiser more control over marketing.
- It is the company's reputation and existing market relationship that adds value to the product.
- Franchisng requires large expenses to support foreign marketing such as advertising.
- However, overall investment by franching is much less than for company-owned sales outlets.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon