Making A Decision
- In making your decision as to which export market to go after you should:
- Choose the path of least resistance.
- International markets are highly competitive, and difficult to enter.
- Avoid major product modifications.
- Start small, then enter the tough markets after you have some experience.
- Choose markets that fit your resources.
- What are the start up costs enter a foreign market?
- It is difficult to establish and grow a foreign market without periodic
visits to develop commercial relationships.
- Choose markets for the long term.
- Do not chase "that one big opportunity" from country to country.
- Stay focused on your target markets.
- Work hard to develop them over time.
- Avoid paralysis by analysis.
- Market research is not an exact science.
- There is no right answer; there is no ideal export market.
- Use common sense.
© 2004 - 2008 John Michael Pierobon