- The identities of the parties.
- Is it a person or a legal entity?
- The duration of the agreement.
- The geographical territory of the sales representative or a distributor.
- The products to be sold.
- If any portion of you product line is to be excluded, it must be made clear.
- Prices should be quoted in a strong and stable currency.
- Give reasonable lead times for price changes by guaranteeing prices for a certain period of time.
- Payment terms should be clear.
- Resellers should be prohibited from carrying competing products.
- Amount of inventory and spare parts to be carried by the distributor.
- Set minimum orders.
- The reseller may request the right to return items that are not selling.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon