Reasons For Not Exporting
- There are certain disadvantages to exporting.
- Sacrifice short term profits for long term gains
- Increased travel and administrative costs
- Hiring additional staff
- Need to develop new promotional material
- Modify your product to meet international requirements
- Must obtain export licenses and import permits
- Fluctuations in foreign currency exchange
- Apply for additional financing
- Previous bad experience with exporting
- These disadvantages may justify a decision to forego exporting at the present time.
- With proper planning one can overcome these obstacles, and avoid critical mistakes.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon