Questions to ask regarding exporting and your company goals include:
- What are the company's reasons for going after the export market?
- Are they strategic, tactical, or oportunistic?
- How committed is top management to the export effort?
- Has top management communicated its commitment to exporting to the whole organization?
- Is exporting viewed as a quick fix for a slump in domestic sales?
- Will the company neglect its export customers if domestic sales pick up?
- What are management's expectations for the export effort?
- What is the expected return on investment of the export program?
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon