Why Am I Here?
- A lot of meetings are called and run on the assumption that everybody
knows what the goal of the meeting is. But very few of those who attend:
- Have a clear idea of what is the purpose of the meeting.
- Know what will be achieved.
- Know decisions will be made.
- Know problems will be solved.
- Nobody feels good about a meeting if they feel nothing was accomplished.
- This is basically the definition of a waste of time.
- The most common reason nothing is accomplished is because
the goal of the meeting was not clear in the first place.
- Without a clear understanding of the goal of the meeting, the chance of success is minimal.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon