Ending The Meeting
- A meeting should end when all of the items on the agenda have been discussed.
- And all necessary actions agreed to.
- As the leader of the meeting, you should:
- Sum up all of the items on the agenda.
- Acknowledge each attendee for their contribution to the meeting.
- Review the follow up items.
- Verifying that these items are realistic.
- State that a summary of the meeting will be produced and distributed.
- Confirm that the person taking the minutes is happy with their record of the events.
- Set a time and date for any subsequent meetings.
- Make a brief, positive, and forward looking closing statement.
- Thank all those in attendance.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon