Chapter 6 Review Questions
Let us see how much you have learned in this chapter by going over these review questions.
- Which statement is false reganding a handshake?
- A handshake should be firm.
- A handshake should be soft like a fish.
- It is appropriate to shake the other person's hand at the beginning and at the end of a meeting.
- There should be nothing but space between you and the person with whom you are shaking hands.
- When a handshake is unpleasant, negative character traits are associated with that person.
- Which statement is incorrect?
- Always smile during an introduction.
- Always stand up when making an introduction or shaking hands.
- Always pronounce your name clearly during an introduction.
- In the Middle East always shake hands with members of the opposite sex.
- The guiding principle of an introduction is to treat the other person with consideration and respect.
- In the Orient, what should you do when you receive a business card?
- Accept the business card with both hands; read it, and say something positive about the information on the card.
- Accept the business card with your left hand; read it, and say something positive about the information on the card.
- Accept the business card with your right hand; read it, and say something positive about the information on the card.
- Leave it on the table.
- Stick in your chest pocket next to your heart.
- If you are hosting a large meeting, where should the most important guest sit?
- At the head of the table.
- At the opposite end of the table.
- At your left.
- At your right.
- Between you and your interpreter.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon