- How much cash you should have at any time depends on how much you will need versus the risk of getting it stolen.
- It is best to exchange money when you arrive.
- The exception is the United States.
- Get U. S. dollars before you depart for the United States.
- Estimate in advance how much foreign currency you think you will need during your stay.
- You will be charged for changing money back into your home currency upon your departure.
- Only paper money can be exchanged, not coins.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon