When to Use Sales Representatives
- Representation in a foreign country is like marriage.
- Easy to get into but often difficult and expensive to terminate.
- Sell directly to retailers or to end users until you find the right sales representative.
- This may require much more effort, but:
- You do not run the risk of selecting the wrong sales representative.
- In the meantime, you gain experience in the foreign marketplace.
- Use a sales representative if you:
- Do not need to maintain inventory in the foreign country.
- Want to maintain control of the sales of your products overseas.
- Sales representatives must sell your product under your terms and conditions.
- Benefit from your corporate identity and branding.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon