- A strategic alliance is a form of presence in an overseas market that is more than a simple buy/sell agreement.
- International airlines have formed strtategic alliances.
- A strategic alliance may be one or more of the following agreements:
- Product development
- Distribution agreement
- Cross licensing
- Sharing intellectual property
- Companies that form strategic alliances do not necessarily create an independent business organization.
- A strategic alliance is not as capital intensive as other methods foreign market entry.
- Does not require reorganizing the company for export.
© 2004 - 2016 John Michael Pierobon