More Questions To Ask A Freight Forwarder
- Can the freight forwarder communicate with you if you are a novice?
- Select a freight forwarder who is willing to take the time to explain the terms and procedures in a way you can understand.
- What is the freight forwarder’s turnaround time for documentation?
- A strategic location cuts documentation turnaround time and helps ensure that you get paid quickly.
- Does the freight forwarder really know your product?
- If possible, choose a freight forwarder who understands the special needs of your product line.
- What are the freight forwarder’s references?
- Check references for any company that will be handling your business.
- Also check customer satisfaction.
- Does the freight forwarder have "errors and omissions" insurance?
- Even the most conscientious freight forwarder can make a mistake.
- A minor error on documents can delay your product, hurt sales and stall your receiving payment for goods.
- Make sure the freight forwarder has "errors and omissions" insurance to provide for just this contingency.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon