DAF - DELIVERED AT FRONTIER (... named place)
- DELIVERED AT FRONTIER means the seller fulfils its obligation to deliver when the goods have been made available, cleared for export, at the named point and place at the frontier, but before the customs border of the adjoining country.
- The term "frontier" may be any frontier, not just the country of export.
- For this reason it is important to precisely define the point and place it in the term.
- DELIVERED AT FRONTIER requires the seller to clear the goods for export.
- DELIVERED AT FRONTIER is intended to be used when goods are to be carried by road or rail, but it may be used for any mode of transport.
- When delivery must be a destination port, aboard a ship or at a dock use one of the following terms:
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon