Chapter 1 Review Questions
Let us see how much you have learned in this chapter by going over these review questions.
- Which is not a benefit of writing an export plan?
- It becomes a management tool to measure progress.
- It becomes a selling tool to get financing.
- It becomes a selling tool to get ISO 9000 certified.
- It becomes a selling tool to get management to commit to support the exporting effort.
- It becomes a tool to facilitate communication.
- Which is a reason for exporting?
- Fluctuations in foreign currency exchange.
- It is easier to get financing when exporting.
- Sacrifice short term profits for long term gains.
- Tax advantages.
- The need to develop new promotional material.
- Which statement is false?
- Expect the export plan to be revised and refined over time.
- Experience has proven that a company's international success depends more on its marketing methods than on the unique benefits of its products.
- Exporting is easy.
- Formulating an export strategy based on good information and proper assessment increases the probability of
- The first time an export plan is developed, it should be kept simple.
- Which is not a common exporting mistake?
- Assuming a given market technique and product will automatically be successful in all countries.
- Failure to provide readily available servicing for its products.
- Having a sufficient commitment by top management to overcome the initial difficulties and financial requirements of exporting.
- Neglecting export business when the domestic market booms.
- Unwillingness to modify products to meet regulations or cultural preferences of other countries.
© 2004 John Michael Pierobon